the absurd observers

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

McCain disappoints

Link

I am a John McCain fan. I am also an opponent of the proposed addition of intelligent design to science curriculum as a theory competing with evolution. That's why this hurts:
McCain told the Star that, like Bush, he believes "all points of view" should be available to students studying the origins of mankind.

First, I am disappointed because I like to make lots of "then let's teach scientology in schools" jokes as a response to pro-intelligent designers and intelligent design-tolerators, and I don't want to rib McCain on this one. Second, I am disappointed because McCain is very capable of drawing distinctions between ideas that are not pointed out by others because it is politically inconvenient, and in this case he failed to do so. (For instance, addressing the Cindy Sheehan issue, he stated that she was a symptom, not a cause of the growing discontent with the war.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home