the absurd observers

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Donuts propel Dan to victory

Link

Recently, I wrote Bruce Reed of Slate's "The Has-Been" political blog an email with my suggestion for how to choose which presidential candidate a political operative should work for. My suggestion, which I will summarize as outside the box, is explained by Reed at the above link. He dubbed it "the Homer Plan". I like to think that has a ring to it, much like the Monroe Doctrine and the Teapot Dome Scandal. My approach to decision making was put in a head -to-head battle with someone that decided to think of realistic decision making criteria, and my idea was overwhelmingly supported by the Has-Been readership, to the tune of a victory with 93% of the votes. That makes me feel like Mayor Daley.

This just goes to show that sometimes the good guys win. And sometimes those good guys are covered in donut crumbs.

I'd like to thank all my friends, family, colleagues, donut lovers, doughnut lovers, and fellow food sculptors for their support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home